Passing a drug test for marijuana is an unfortunate reality for many Canadians getting tested by new or existing employers. Even with the legalization of medical marijuana, and the forward moving regulation, and legalization process, private companies are drug testing more than ever and Mary-Jane is still number one on the list. The most common form of drug test performed by labs is a urinalysis. Hair, Blood and even Saliva can also be tested for traces of marijuana by most testing facilities.
How long does marijuana stay in your system?
Studies suggest that marijuana can be cleansed out of your body through natural detoxification, diet and exercise in about 30-days, provided that you’re in good health and decent shape. HOWEVER, this means that you have to be THC free for a FULL 30 days +. In extreme cases, MJ can stay in your blood and urine for up to 16-weeks. So if you’re a heavy-set individual, taking the natural route equals a long period of abstention.
How do I clean my system of the “sticky-icky”?
…This just DOESN’T work!
THC can NOT be cleansed out of your system using ANY of the following items:
- Cranberry Juice
- Goldenseal Herb (or extract)
- Vitamin B3 (or Niacin)
- Gallons of water
- Ginger Root Tea
- SURE-JELL Premium Fruit Pectin
- Creatine Pills
These are mostly old-wives tales, and online myths and won’t help you pass any modern day drug test.
These options WILL detoxify your system — it all just depends how long you have to prepare before d-day (drug test):
Detox Naturally in 30-days +
If you are in good health and in decent shape cleansing your body naturally can be done in 4 to 6-weeks through proper diet and exercise. Though most hard-core MJ enthusiasts aren’t so willing to abstain from their favourite leaf for nearly that long; if you’re dead-set on the natural approach here are some helpful suggestions:
- Drink Lots of Water —While hydrating the body is definitely one of the key ways to detox grass from your system, it is not the magic solution. Drinking lots of water keeps the body well hydrated and healthy, which is one of the most important things to do when you’re trying to get your body to use its resources to detox and is especially important when you cleanse for THC naturally.
- Work Out —Because marijuana is fat soluble and can be stored in the fat cells of your body, the more body fat you have the longer it’s going to take to detox. The best way to exercise is to use a combination of both weight lifting and cardio type training like swimming or running which will burn fat and help speed up the metabolism.
- Eat Your Greens (NO, not THOSE greens) —Green veggies like kale, broccoli, spinach, and chard are super high in vitamins and minerals like iron. These vegetables contain essential nutrients needed for boosting the body metabolism.
- A Lemon a Day —Lemons contain high levels of Vitamin C, which are a very important electrolyte, and also a great way to detox THC naturally. It is best if you get your own fresh lemons from the grocery store as store bought juice won’t have the same potency as freshly squeezed lemons.
- Just Say No —Junk and Fast Foods are unhealthy in general, but when it comes to detoxing MJ they certainly don’t help. These types of food are super high in sodium (salt) which causes water retention, and high in sugar and fat which slows the metabolism. Instead focus on highly nutritious foods like lean meats, fruits and veggies
- Time for Tea —There are several kinds of tea that are said to aid the body in detoxing for marijuana naturally. We suggest trying Dandelion tea, as it helps the liver to eliminate toxins from the body. Green Tea is also a great way to give the body a boost due to the high levels of antioxidants and electrolytes it contains such as Vitamin-C. Any tea that contains a small amount of caffeine will boost your metabolism and burn excess fat.
- Fibre is Your Friend —Many sources of healthy fibre can come in the form of grains, whole wheat that has not been enriched, and legumes which include peas, peanuts, lentils, soy, and beans. These provide healthy nutrients needed for healthy detoxing.
- Just Say NO — Smokin’ the ganja during your cleanse will re-deposit THC into your body and make you dirty again (so very dirty). The natural cleansing process will effectively start from scratch after you re-introduce toxins into the body.
Detox in 3-6 Days with a safe & natural detoxification product (Detoxify brand)
If you are like MOST people reading this article you probably have a test sooner than a month from now. There are solutions for cleansing your body rapidly by using detoxification products that drastically expedite your bodies’ natural cleansing process to clean the THC out of your system in about a week.
This works by flushing out your system with a daily regimen of herbal supplements combined with a healthy detox diet that permanently cleanses your blood and urine of any traces of toxins. Once you complete the program you can use a home drug test kit to know for sure that you’re clean.
Detox in 24-Hours by using a Same Day Cleanser to temporarily flush your system of toxins (Detoxify brand)
Crap! If you need to be clean for a test coming up in the next few days, or sooner, you can use a temporary cleanser to flush your body of toxins. This works by targeting the bladder and urinary tract to flush and eliminates toxin metabolites from those organs giving you a 6-hour window to give a sample when your urine is clean. Eventually toxin metabolites in the rest of your system will make their way back into the bladder as your body naturally detoxes itself and re-introduces THC metabolites into your urine. Same Day Cleansing works as long as you get the right product…if you get the wrong product say goodbye to a clean pee-test. We recommend coming into one of Purple City’s convenient locations and talking to one of our friendly and professional staff members about Same Day Cleansing with one of our Detoxify brand cleanses.
No matter what the reason for detoxing, or your time schedule, the helpful staff at Purple City are experts in the detox game. Come in today & check us out!